Friends of Houlton School
Hello and welcome to the Friends of Houlton School. We are a voluntary body of parents that initiated the non-for-profit charity in January 2022. The full mission statement can be requested but in short, Friends of Houlton School aims to help enhance the education of our children through applying for grants and organising various fundraising initiatives throughout the school year.
Our current big goal is to purchase a baby grand piano!
Our core committee consists of four positions that are held by current Year 8 parents:
- Co-Chair – Jill Simpson Vince
- Co-Chair – Sarah Gover
- Secretary – Claire Penna
- Treasurer – Tricia Keating
FoHS events and support:
- Cake sales – supporting the yearly subscription to parent kind www.parentkind.org.uk
- End of year Summer Soiree
- Parents Quiz
- Pre-loved FoHS uniform sale available throughout the year and (donations permitting) a sale on the national move-up day
- Charity grant submissions
We hold regular virtual committee meetings, to which all parents of children in Houlton School are welcome to attend and the next AGM meeting is in October.
FoHS keep parents informed regularly through the FoHS bulletin and on the FoHS Facebook page.
FoHS encourage our volunteers to take an active role in fundraising activities, making the best use of all the talent within the parent body and broader community, and are always looking for more volunteers and would be delighted to hear from you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and join our growing body of supporters.